Monday, January 10, 2011

Book Review of The Complete Guide to Asperger’s Syndrome by Tony Attwood

When I first started writing about autism and Asperger’s syndrome, I discovered The Complete Guide to Asperger’s Syndrome at my local library. It soon became an indispensible reference and I recently purchased my own copy.

The author, Tony Attwood, is a clinical psychologist with more than 25 years experience and has worked with over 2000 people with Asperger’s syndrome. His book is a combination of facts and figures along with true life stories which make it an easy read. It is divided into 15 chapters, and topics include teasing and bullying, sensory sensitivity, life after school, and long-term relationships.

It is an excellent reference book and also contains a list of resources, books and websites about Asperger’s syndrome. It covers all stages of a person’s life and will be a great comfort and help to parents who have dozens of questions about their child’s future.

Here is a link to an article I wrote where I used The Complete Guide to Asperger's Syndrome as a reference:

Helping People with Asperger's to Make Friends

2 comments:

  1. Thanks - I'm definitely going to order this book, it sounds like a wonderful resource.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just requested a copy from my library. Hopefully they'll get a copy soon. :)

    ReplyDelete